Join The ATW Teen Tours Staff
Qualifications & Job Descriptions
- Must be at least 21 years of age by July 1st
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must enjoy traveling and working with young people
The responsibilities of an AMERICAN TRAILS WEST Counselor are exciting, challenging, and varied. It would be impossible to list all of them, however, some of the major responsibilities include:
- ORIENTATION: Counselors must attend and successfully complete an orientation weekend which will be conducted in the spring.
- GROUP SUPERVISION: Counselors will be directly responsible for supervising a group of approximately seven to ten campers, and will share general supervisory responsibilities for the entire group.
- ACTIVITIES SUPERVISION: Counselors will assist the Director in the supervision of activities such as swimming, hiking, sports, recreation, and sightseeing.
- BUS RESPONSIBILITIES: Counselors will assist the Director in supervising the campers while loading, unloading, and traveling on the bus.
- "CHUCKWAGON" RESPONSIBILITIES: Counselors will share the responsibility of driving our "chuckwagon" (a small truck with automatic transmission), and will assist in food purchasing and preparation (Camping and Combo Tours).
- OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: As assigned by the Director.
In addition to an exciting summer, counselors will receive an all-expense paid trip plus a cash stipend for each week spent working with campers.
Interviews are a prerequisite of employment and are held at our office in Great Neck, New York.
Click here to APPLY NOW!